Cadet Brock A. Crystal, from Central Michigan University, is the Cadet Battalion Commander, Chippewa Battalion for Fall 2018.
Name: Brock A. Crystal
School: Central Michigan University
Hometown: Barrytown, MI
Major: Exercise Science – Health Fitness with German Studies Minor
What makes this Cadet stand out from their peers?
Cadet Crystal sets the bar higher for himself an his peers. Cadets within the battalion respond to his leadership because of his physical capabilities as well as his can-do-anything attitude. He has a positive attitude and comports himself as an officer. He consistently has the best grades in his MSL class, scores among the best on the APFT, and is heavily involved in extra-curricular activities such as CrossFit, Ranger Challenge, and the Queen’s Guard. Cadet Crystal remains humble and displays his desire to better not only himself, but his fellow Cadets as well.
In the Cadet’s own words:
I’ve wanted to serve our great nation in the armed forces since I was 12. I enlisted in 2105 and contracted shortly after. My number one concern is the welfare of my fellow soldiers. I live and serve by the motto: ‘for those who won’t.’ It reminds me to answer the call everyday with: ‘I will.’ For me, serving in the military and chasing excellence is about sacrificing myself for others to benefit. When I do that, we all benefit.
ROTC and Other Achievements and Awards:
- 299 APFT
- Member of Cannon Club, Ranger Challenge, Rifle Club, and Queen’s Guard
- First Sergeant Arrowhead Company Fall 2017
- Physical Training Non-Commissioned Officer In-Charge Spring 18
- Cadet Battalion Commander, Chippewa Battalion Fall 2018
- CrossFit CF-L1 Trainer—Worthy Strength & Conditioning
- Self-Employed Personal Trainer
- TASC-F Certified—National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Acting Platoon Leader Michigan Army National Guard (Engineer)
- Air Assault Qualified
- Ruck March Champion—Air Assault Class 10-17
- National Defense Service Medal
- Army Service Ribbon
- 3.92 GPA
Follow us on Facebook @CadetCommand and Twitter @ArmyROTC!